Contributed By Nibedita
Paneer tikka masala is definitely one of the favorite dishes of paneer (cottage cheese) lovers. This delicacy is relished by people from most of the parts of India.
- Paneer (Cottage cheese) (cut into medium sized cubes) – 250 grams
- Green capsicum (cut into small pieces) – 1
- Medium sized onion – 1
- Medium sized tomato – 1
- Coriander powder – 2 Tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 Tsp
- Garam masala – 1 Tsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Green chili (for garnishing) – 1
- Thick curd (2-3 Tbsp)
- Tomato puree – 1 Tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chili powder – 2 Tsp (according to taste)
- Kasuri methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) – 1 Tsp
- Salt (according to taste)
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned for marination with the paneer cubes and keep in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Peel and cut the onion. Grind it along with the tomato to make a paste out of it.
- Heat a pan on medium flame and pour one tbsp of oil on it.
- Once oil is hot enough, add the marinated paneer cubes to it. Stir fry until the cubes are slight golden brown.
- Take out the paneer cubes on another plate and keep aside. Now, these are called panner tikka.
- Now on to the pan, add rest one tbsp of oil. Add the capsicum to it, once the oil is hot enough.
- Stir nicely for 1-2 mins. Then add the onion-tomato paste to it and mix properly.
- Then add coriander and cumin powders to the curry paste. Mix everything and let it get cooked till the curry paste leaves oil. Keep stirring in between. At this stage, add more salt and red chili powder if required.
- Once oil starts to separate from the curry paste, add the paneer tikka cubes and give a nice mix.
- 2-3 tbsp of water can be at this stage. Keep stirring and mixing for another 10 minutes and our paneer tikka masala is ready. Garnish it with a slit green chili.
- It goes well with paratha/roti/naan.